Re: [APD] High water evaporation in a planted tank/ Amano

Nothing in my comments about Amano are meant to be
disparaging.  It's more like a life's work and career for
him -- not what a *hobby* is to most folks.  That was,
basically, my point, that it's his vocation and not merely
one of his avocations.

Is he religious about some aspects?  Sure seems so to me
and to that extent some techniques might be less
empirically based, like the bit about no CO2 at night.

Amano has a method or two, that's fine -- I don't think
anyone says his methods don't succeed, although tastes do
differ on the art, but then, that's art.

But I still say, other methods also work that don't involve
such large and frequent water changes -- and I'm glad of
that :-)

Scott H.