RE: [APD] low-range pH test kit recommendation needed

Shireen Gonzaga <whimbrel at comcast_net> writes:
>Hi ... can someone recommend a low-range pH test kit, one
>with 0.1-0.2 increments with clear color charts?

Sorry, Shireen, I think that "clear color charts" is an oxymoron! Seriously, if
you have a hard time differentiating similar colors, you might want to think
about a pH meter instead.

While I haven't tried it myself, the Hanna pHep 4 Tester is only $42. It claims
to have an accuracy of +/-0.1 pH at any pH value. I don't know how often you
have to replace the electrode, but it likely winds up being less expensive than
a test kit over the long run.

If anyone has any experience with the pHep, I'd love to hear a review, as I've
been considering getting one myself.

- Jim