[APD] Installing an overflow?

I have an All-Glass 72g bowfront that I am about to tear down and redo as a
planted tank. I want to have all the equipment below the tank in the cabinet
and nothing hanging off the back or visible. To accommodate this I'd like to
put an overflow in the tank. I realize this is a bit off-topic but was
wondering if anyone could advise on how difficult or feasible it would be to
drill the overflow myself. Or, would it be better to just sell the tank and
purchase a new one pre-drilled. Also, if it it is reasonable to do this
myself are there special drill bits required for drilling glass? BTW, I'm
not much of a DIYer but think I can hold a drill reasonably straight. ;)

Thanx in Advance,

Dave