[APD] Re: hair algae prevention

On 9/22/03 8:39 PM, "aquatic-plants-request at actwin_com"
<aquatic-plants-request at actwin_com> wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> Before anyone can help you, you'll need to give as much detailed information
> as you can on your tank water parameters, how long the tank has been
> established, lighting type and wattage, nutrient dosing, CO2 use, etc.  Then
> folks can take you from where you're at and begin to advise.

Hi James,

My tank has been set up about a year.  55gal tall plexi tank w/no CO2
(yet!), just two low-end 15w standard plant-friendly bulbs (haven't moved up
to Compacts yet, but have been wanting to).  Lots of plants, mainly swords,
with occasional dosing of liquid Flourish.  Substrate of bottom layer:
flourite (60%) and top layer standard gravel (40%).

Diet of small amount of flake, some pellets, and frozen bloodworms.

Never had the hair algae until last two months or so (maybe came with a fish
or snail?)

Let me know if you would like to know anything further...

Thanks for your help!

:-)

_jason_