Re: [APD] Hair algae removal + prevention

Hi Jason,

Before anyone can help you, you'll need to give as much detailed information as you can on your tank water parameters, how long the tank has been established, lighting type and wattage, nutrient dosing, CO2 use, etc.  Then folks can take you from where you're at and begin to advise.

James

-- "-<(:: jason ::)>-" <ombass at mac_com> wrote:
So I've got a wicked case of hair algae in my tank - what can I do to remove
it and stop it from coming back?

I've read a lot about bleach treatments, but am hoping to not have to tear
down my 55 gal tank and start over.

My LFS says they have some "Algae Fix" product that will stop it from coming
back - is this true?  I've always heard to avoid such products.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

_jason_