[APD] Re: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 1, Issue 57

Goldfish, already mentioned will clear it in no time, a pair of goldfish
cleared a 5'diameter stock tank covered with duckweed in about 3 days.
Having observed my rosy Barb (Rosy the Barbarian, Snail Killer -- now living
at local pet store) attacking all plants, including new anubias leaves and
java fern, I am certain that a Rosy Barb would eat that just as fast as a
goldfish. They will also take out any long hairy black algae immediately and
nibble on red algae. Easy to find and useful, until they start attacking the
rest of the plants.

Ann Viverette

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:56:28 -0500
> From: "Jennifer Marshall" <zephyr18 at ev1_net>
> Subject: [APD] Duckweed
> To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
>
> Will somebody please please please give me suggestions for ridding my tank
of duckweed? I got it from a bunch of plants from my LFS, and it is driving
me crazy!