[APD] Re: CO2 off at night

> From: Dan Dixon <dandixon at mac_com>
> >I can't explain this.
>
> I wonder if this could happen in a heavily planted tank with a relatively
> airtight hood/lid, with relatively small air space, and a heavy fish load,
> thereby creating a situation where nighttime CO2 production is greater than
> loss from the tank, but daytime CO2 consumption slightly exceeds supplement
> + production.

That could explain a CO2 build-up but I would think that would also lead to a
severe O2 depletion at night, causing a noticable outbreak of Bellyup Disease.

George Booth in Ft. Collins, CO (gbooth at frii dot com)
 The website for Aquatic Gardeners by Aquatic Gardeners
   http://aquaticconcepts.thekrib.com/  (mirror)
   http://www.frii.com/~gbooth/AquaticConcepts/