[APD] Cardinal tetras: wild caught?

I saw some really nice Cardinals in the LFS this weekend and picked some up.  They were plumper, larger and better colored than anything I've seen previously for sale.

In the discourse at the register, I mentioned I was impressed with them and the guy there stated he was sure they were fed with color-enhancing food.

"All Cardinals are wild-caught", said I.

Whereupon the owner, who was standing nearby, said they were bred, not wild-caught fish, and this was the first time ever he had gotten any.  They've been in business for a while, and have the most exotic freshwater stock I've seen in my area.  I thought it was worth mentioning.

James Brady