Re: [APD] RE: Viruses and worms.

Missy O. wrote:

Doesn't undeliverable email bounce back to the sender?

No. In the case of the current virus, when it infects someones machine, it looks in their email address book. It sends out hundreds of emails, using one of the addresses in the book as the "FROM" and sending the email to all the other addresses in the book.

If the receiving system virus-scans the mail, they would
send the "virus infected mail" message back to the FAKE
sender.

And yes, I got several hundred times more of the bad
bounced messasges than I did of the original virus.

People who set up the mail servers should learn how
to properly configure the anti-virus features to
avoid situations like this.