[APD] cardinal tetras

Hi all. I love cardinal tetras, and after initial attrition, have been keeping my current school casualty-free for about three years.

When I first got into the hobby, a friend of mine told me that cardinal tetras can make more for a very attractive species selection as opposed to neon tetras, largely due to the fact that they are mostly wild-caught. He told me that, due to the fact that they are all wild caught and haven't been captively bred for countless generations, they tend to school tighter because their instincts were more "honed". Is this true? I haven't kept neons for years, but when I go to the LFS it seems that the cardinal tetras are schooled tighter than the neons. What are people's opinions on this?

Reggie Bustinza
Peoria, IL