[APD] Extinction of Cardinal Tetras

I've been a lurker for a while, just learning, nothing much to contribute,
but thought I'd give my thoughts this time.

I read a while ago that most cardinals are wild caught because they are so
plentiful. Even though large amounts are collected there are still huge
numbers that remain. I think it was last year I read that, so I don't know
if the situation has changed. I think neons are farmed.

Talking of life expectancy, I've had neons last nearly 10 years. Thought for
some reason, a few die off gradually over several years leaving one that
lasts for ages. I've also got a khuli loach that is in it's 22nd year! It
was bought by my Dad and given to me when he gave up fishkeeping. He still
asks about it and is amazed that it's still going. After some months go by,
we think it's finally gone to the big pond in the sky and then it pops up
again. It's been through numerous house moves and a few broken tanks (and
floody carpets), but still going strong. Having said that, I haven't seen it
for a while....

Graham