[APD] RE: Cork backgrounds

> My question as well. I have used the dark colored cork tiles as a
> background on the outside of the tank but never on the inside. I thought
> the cork was stained a dark color because normal colored cork is a much
> lighter color isn't it? Also, these "tiles" appear to be made of cork
> pieces, roughly a centimeter in size, that are glued together and I don't
> want any of this glue poisoning the water or causing the tiles to
> disintegrate after a while under water. Apparently there is no
> problem with
> these cork tiles? How long have they been submerged?

I've had mine in the tank for more than 6 months with no apparent problems
from anything leaching into the tank. The cork does buckle a bit when it
gets wet, so I think if I did this again, I'd glue it down more firmly. But
it doesn't show any signs of falling apart.

-Mak
 New Hampshire, USA
http://www.thirtytwopaws.com/mak/
Updates 8/31/03