[APD] Re: Flourish Excel

I used it in two tanks, a 29 and a 10 gallon, both with 30 watts of light. It works ok, but adding real CO2 to the tank made a huge difference in plant health/growth. If I were going to pay money for CO2, I'd be more inclined to go with Hagen's totally cool CO2 natural system. It's available mail order for $17.99, and a three month refill of the "activator and stabilizer" (yeast and baking soda?) is 4.99. We also saw many fish deaths which stopped when we switched from Excel to CO2, and I know that overdosing Ecel by more than 3 times kills fish, so I'd dose at the low end of the recommendation to avoid toxic buildup.

-Rachel