[APD] Re: Cork backgrounds

I have used only fairly light-colored very fine particle cork for bulletin
boards, which appears to be glued together from pieces about 1/8-1/4 inch
in diameter.  They have not stained the water, the glue does not appear to
rot or suffer from immersion, and nothing terrible seems to leach out in 2
years of use so far.  I can't speak for the darker tiles of larger cork
bits because I haven't been able to find any of those--they were what I was
hoping to find--since I started putting the cork in my tanks.  My local
Home Depot and Lowe's don't carry them.

Diane Brown in St. Louis