RE: [APD] Re: CO2 off at night -- or - No 2 CO2 PM

"Stab in the dark."  Funny :-)

I'm wondering, other than that, what significant benefit it
has.  I know Amano said at the convention a couple of years
ago that plants don't need it in the dark so you should
turn it off at night but that's a non sequitor.  You need
to pull up a few supressed premises to make that argument
work.

I can see doing it if there were wide swings in pH.  As I
recall, Chuck Gadd (at the convention last year I think)
reported drifts of about 0.2 pH when letting the CO2 run
non stop. About the same results I get on my tanks and ones
I've set up for others.

I know plants are net consumers of O2 in the dark but CO2
doesn't displace O2 so O2 hasn't much to do with it.

I just found out that the price of CO2 for me dropped
again.  Now it's even harder to justify the cost of a
solenoid based on CO2 savings.

Scott H.