[APD] Re: where to get marine plants

> Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 10:13:26 -0400
> From: "Ruddy Douglass" <ruddy at maine_rr.com>
> Subject: RE: [APD] Re: Marine tanks
> To: "aquatic plants digest" <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
>
> So where did you acquire the plants that you had - if memory serves at one
> point you listed large number of species in the tank?
>
> I've been looking around and can find VERY few different species locally or
> online and they are all extremely expensive (as is everything in SW
> aquariums)

I collected them here.
I get to see exactly where they live in the wild, type of substrate,
water/lighting conditions, depth etc.

I'm thinking about doing the plant fest every year. There will be a Salt
water plant fest also if there's enough interest. 3 days of FW, then one day
off and the 3 days of SW in Long Key.
I go there every few months.

But if enough are interested, I can certainly arrange something for folks to
go collect the seaweeds of Florida.

I gave a listing of what I've found on one trip.
Given the cost of marine plants, it would likely be worth while to come
here. I mean going to different islands and beaches being on a plant hunt
snorkeling is not a bad way to spend a few days.
There are a number of places/attractions/Key West/sport charter
fishing/scuba/boat etc in the Keys.

Regards,
Tom Barr