Re: [APD] Re: Shrimp & algae

GW wrote:
Neocaridina denticulata (Red Cherry Shrimp) - Reaches 1 inch. Eats a wide range of algae. Since they are small you need a fair number to control algae and they can be subject to predation by larger

fish.

<GRIN> ... I can attest to that ... 50 introduced into a 180 gallon
Aquarium (very densely overgrown) two weeks ago, not a single one left
<GRIN>

Greg

I am sure you fish enjoyed the live food ;).
Actually, I have found shrimp are very good at hiding. I had a 20 gal tank moderately well planted with some drift wood and some Amano shrimp. I had lost a couple shrimp that had jumped out, but still had three left that I could see roaming about. I had a period of about 3 weeks when I never saw any of them. I figured they had been eaten when they molted. But then one day when I was feeding the fish all 3 marched out into the middle of the tank to get some fish food. So you may have some left hiding in the plants, but it wouldn't be easy to get them out to move them to safer quarters.

Later,
Bill Wells