[APD] Wild collected plants / Bleach?

Hi,

 I recently collected some Bacopa rotundifolia from a local pond.

 Should all wild collected plants be treated with bleach or something else or
is it safe to rinse them off good with tap water?

 Should I be concerned about the effect that they may have on my plants, fish
or the introduction of algae?

 I did a search for this information but it seems that there was a lot of
different opinions. Since things seem to change with time I thought I would ask
again to see what the current thinking is on this subject.

Thanks,
Bill