[APD] Re: CO2 reactor placement, post or pre?

I tried hard to follow Scott's discussion of pressure & reactor placement.
I think I'm comfortable with what he said, but let me ask this from this:
>> "The other thing is simpler vertical placement. With post filter
placement,
you would need a loop going in the top and exiting the bottom since the CO2
reactor requires vertical placement to prevent bubbles from escaping out the
bottom . . . Since you feed the water into the top of a reactor, you add
the length of the reactor when installed on the output side."

Does a reactor have to be counter-current?  I thought I saw someone's
positive opinion of gas/water flowing in the same direction - no?

Lew Newcomb