[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: I will rebuild again - lighting research
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: I will rebuild again - lighting research
- From: David Whittaker <dwhitt at sympatico_ca>
- Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:03:50 -0400
- References: <200308280925.h7S9P0ML007507@otter.actwin.com>
> Chad Sutton asked for lighting recommendations.
Ivo Busko produced the best lighting analysis that I have encountered on the Web. It may be accessible via links from the Krib website. If I recall correctly,
the WonderLite rated very low on the list when it came to PAR and PUR. You would have to look at his results yourself. Not all metal halide lamps, nor all
fluorescents rated equally. There was a fair disparity, and a couple of each type rated very highly.
I use both types, but get better results with fluorescents. If I had to do it again, I would give power compacts a shot.