Re: Cycling a new planted aquarium -- or - get detailed help here

This page on Chuck Gadd's excellent planted Aquarium web
site has a detailed plna for starting a planted tank
without waiting for the stew to cook.

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_newtank.htm

This description specifies the use of CO2 on the lanted
tank.

There are lots of other great ideas, techniques, and tools
on Chuck's site.  If you haven't seen it, go look around
and have fun.

Chuck even has an article posted about how to cycle without
plants in the tank at the start.  How's that for balanced
viewpoints?  But if you don't have to avoid plants, why
avoid them?

So you can choose noncycling, cycling, or per my previous
post (adding mulm and plants at the start) what I call
bicycling ;-)

Good luck, good fun,
Scott H.