[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: water chemistry textbook
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: water chemistry textbook
- From: George Slusarczuk <yurko at warwick_net>
- Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:33:39 -0500
- Cc: whimbrel at comcast_net
- References: <200308270924.h7R9O9WQ019327@otter.actwin.com>
If you are going book hunting in antiquarian bookstores, look for a
really old book (small, 32 pages) "Aquarium Water Chemistry" by Dr. Rolf
Geisler, published by THF in 1963.
It is a translation from German, but quite readable. If you happen to
read German, there are a number of good books on that subject.
In looking for a chemistry textbook, select an OLDER book, pre-1980 and
third, fourth edition, if possible. Water chemistry has not changed in
at least 50 years and later editions hopefully have all the errors
There MUST be good newer books, but I don't know any titles.