[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Calcium carbonate
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Calcium carbonate
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at yahoo_com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:57:01 -0700 (PDT)
- In-reply-to: <200308220914.h7M9ETk4022101@otter.actwin.com>
Coral chips(don't adjust quickly nor dissolve fast either)
Aragonite, a bit faster, especially if you use the fine
powder/sand grain size.
Dolomite will also add Ca, CO3 and Mg.
Get the fine ground grain sizes. Ag feed stores etc and LFS's
You can also use baking soda(for KH) and CaCl2(Home Depoit had
some for your pool to increase Ca levels) for Ca if you want
something that dissolve within a few minutes. If you also need
Mg, MgSO4.7H2O Epsom salt works well.
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software