[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: personal goals with a planted tank
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: personal goals with a planted tank
- From: Ed Dumas <eldumas at telus_net>
- Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:24:22 -0700
- References: <200308130918.h7D9IlUb030282@otter.actwin.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0.2) Gecko/20030208 Netscape/7.02
Hmm...interesting question, Tom. When I first started it was to learn
about CO2 injection and all the water chemistry that goes with that. Now
I would have to say that I have the following goals:
1) To keep my tank as healthy and happy in the summer as in the midst of
the winter. This has mostly to do with skyrocketing temperatures in the
summer, which I find increases the algae and slows plant growth.
2) I want to create a tank as beautiful as some of the Amano tanks I
have seen. Truly a delight to the eye.
3) I want to aquire some of the more unusual and beautiful plants which
I usually cannot find in my local stores. This also means includes
limiting my plant selection in my tank to fewer really spectacular ones.
Interestingly enough, I have taken some of the things that I have
learned about water chemistry (my initial objective) from this site, and
applied it to my Fuchsia growing summer hobby, and I have noticed
amazing results! Thank you.