Re:Rams

Hi Diana,

    I hope I'm wrong, but this sounds suspiciously like Mycobacteriosis,
more commonly referred to as fish tuberculosis. It's greatest claim to fame
is that it is communicable to humans. I suggest you don't work in the tank
with your bare hands if you have any open cuts or sores on them until you
know for sure.

    This disease seems to be particularily common in Rainbowfishes, but I
have also read that it shows up with some frequency in Rams (Baensch
Aquarium Atlas vol. 1, p.748).

    I won't go into a lot of detail here, but you can check the link below
for more information.

 http://pandora.nla.gov.au/pan/21803/20010913/members.optushome.com.au/chelm
on/Myco.htm

HTH,