West Nile - FYI

I wanted to drop in and encourage all of you to take precautions against the West Nile virus, especially those of you who live in areas being affected. My 17 year old son has been hospitalized with a severe West Nile infection this weekend, along with viral meningitis. I know alot of us collect plants / fish outdoors, so I think is relevant to the list. You need to be aware that there is NOTHING - no treatment at all for the virus other than IV fluids to keep you hydrated, so please use a repellant containing DEET. It's just not worth the risk of not using repellant.

The CDC has info on their website about West Nile (sorry I don't have the URL handy) and Colorado has one at http://www.fightthebitecolorado.com

JoAnn - Southern Colorado