Re: Low noise fans -- or - Is my hearing going bad?

But Bill, did you really say "fannage?"
I'm not familiar with that wordage.  ;-)

Scott H.

It comes from the Dictionary of Bill:
Fannage, (fan-nedge) [noun]:
1. A unit consisting of one or more fans, usually as an assembly.
2. The quantity of fans or total power of the fans in a given unit.
Word use example: "Four fans should be enough fannage to keep that unit's temperature within spec."

The Dictionary of Bill contains many useful words for technical applications. Another fan related word would be "blowage" (also useful for meteorological observations). Why only DIY devices when you can DIY language too :-)

-Bill

***************************** Waveform Technology UNIX Systems Administrator