[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Desirable algae
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Desirable algae
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:44:11 -0400
- In-reply-to: <200307300904.h6U947Cc028327@otter.actwin.com>
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
Sounds like Dichotomosiphon tuberosus.
If it's softer than Cladophora balls/brighter green, likes the area near the
current it's Pithophora.
Both are pretty IMO and not bad really. D. tuberosus will not have the
branching that Caldophora generally has. It also might be Vaucheria. I'd
have to have a sample to tell.