Re: Rebuilding my Canopy - T8 or T12? and other queries...

Matt,
>My main question is this, should I buy a fixture to handle T8 or T12
tubes?
I would expect many on the list would vote for the "write-in" candidate in
your election: "Power Compacts".  I use them in a suspended canopy (48").

>I guess there's more evaporation with this setup? And some fish may leap?
Any other drawbacks?
In my experience, I think I lose more CO2 with an open top than I would with
a cover of some kind.  I believe this strongly enough that I am planning to
invest in a covering sheet of some type of plastic (I'll check the archives
to refresh my memory of a recent discussion regarding which types are best).

I hope that helps at least a bit.

Lew