Re: 5 questions

Mr. Barr,

I believe you misunderstood much of my post and made assumptions based on the
idea that all of my questions were being applied to the same tank.  The
medication questions in particular concerned a quarantine tank where I employ
Cryptocoryne and Echinodorus tenellus, which, despite the light and nutrients, seem
to react negatively to Spectrogram in the water for long periods of time.
Better safe than sorry with disease.

>The CO2 is your problem as far as plant needs, but reducing the bio loadwill
help
>also/or doing 2x a week water changes(40-50%).

I have no problem as far as plant needs go in the larger tank I was
describing.  It is a low-tech tank, and I have never had the need for C02.  The
Myriophyllum and the Cabomba are sprawling across the surface and need to be
shortened at every other water change.  Algae is nonexistent.

>No. You need CO2 before _anything_ else. This will give you the
>greatest improvement. Adding more light without doing this will give you
algae.
>Don't add the light now and wait and see if you need CO2.

I'm not looking for improvement, just answers to my questions.

>No problem growing these.

I don't have any problem growing any of the Ludwigia I've bought.  The
problem lies in my inability to locate a comprehensive guide to identifying
Ludwigia.  Tropica's site sports a total of 6 separate species...certainly not enough
to perform a comparative identification of oddballs.

Thank you for your response, Mr. Barr.  I will definitely give the Bacopa a
try now that I know someone else has grown it successfully.  I will probably
also invest in a new test kit, seeing as this one IS quite old.  I didn't know
they went bad.  And thank you for letting me know that the Metron is safe to
use if I need it.

Cherio,
Brian Rippon

multipart/alternative