Re: nutrients

> I am going to keep running my large tank with Excel for now but I am also
> going to set up a small tank with CO2 to get a feel for it.

Good plan.

> I do have another question for you if you don't mind. Right now my water
> parameters are Ph 7.4 - KH 5 which from looking at the chart should be a CO2
> level of 6. If I add CO2 the lowest I can go with the Ph is 7.2 which with a 5
> KH
> would make the CO2 level 9.5. Am I understanding this right, will a CO2 level
> change from 6 to 9.5 make a big difference?

No.
A pH level of 6.8 using only CO2 gas to do this would.

If you want a higher pH and CO2 level, then a KH of 15 and pH of 7.2 would
do nicely.

A KH of 5 and pH of 6.75 or so will = about 28ppm of CO2.
A KH of 15 and a pH of 7.2 will = 28ppm of CO2.

Both tanks have about the same CO2 level.

Get the relationship?
You can add baking soda to raise the KH if you want.
I wouldn't. The Peacocks should have no problems. I've seen them in softer
water.

Regards,
Tom Barr