[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: All forms of Green hair types
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: All forms of Green hair types
- From: Susan Aufieri <susanaufieri at earthlink_net>
- Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 07:33:14 -0400
- In-reply-to: <200307220841.h6M8ftcD027143@otter.actwin.com>
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.0.6
I've seen the Malaysian Snails make short work of hair riddled Riccia, Java
Moss and other plants. The trick here is to have enough of a population that
you aren't supplementing with other sources of food. A bucket or 5G tank
works great for that.
Greger Lindstrand comments...
> Pruning it away is not an option if it can be avoided at all. Riccia and
> Rotala Wallichii for instance can be infested and I know of no other method
> but to throw it all away. An alternative approche would be intresting (and
> appreciated) to read about.