[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Ecology of the Planted Aquarium
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Ecology of the Planted Aquarium
- From: "Daniel Larsson" <defdac at hotmail_com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:11:03 +0200
- References: <200307180840.h6I8etLL018057@otter.actwin.com>
> A: Yes and it is because alleopathy is reduced in these tanks. Generally,
> high-tech systems advocate frequent water changes. Also, many tanks have
> substrate heating cables, which induce water circulation into and out of
> substrate. In essence, the substrate is continuously 'washed' so that the
> alleochemicals are brought into the overlying water where they can either
> metabolized or diluted out.
TAG vol 15 No. 3 "Allelopathy - Chemical Warfare Between Aquatic Plants"
by Dr. Ole Pedersen quote:
"I am sure Diana Walstad in her book exaggerates the prevalence of true
allelopathy in planted aquaria"