Bleach

> Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:20:07 -0400
> From: "Jeff Vamos" <jbvamos at patmedia_net>
> Subject: Re: Bleach
>
> I write:
>
> I read the article, and to be honest, was a little turned off. It wasn't
so
> much the bleach method, but the fact that your stressing that the tank has
> to be sterilized.
> What about the algae that's floating around in the air? If algae control
was
> as easy as sterilizing everything before it was placed in an aquarium,
than
> we would never have problems. Maybe we can place our aquariums in a
bubble.
> : )

I do agree with the author of the article on TFH.

It is pointless to simply bleach the algae on your plants and hope they'll
never grow back. You need to ensure that algae does not get into your tank
due to your carelessness like when introducing plants.

Once you take precautions good husbandry as detailed by many here in
"controlling" algae will go a long way.

If you already have a tank that is algae infested isn't it better to be rid
of it completely and start over again?.

Richard Sexton's advice is sound stuff as TFH reaches out to many who don't
even know APD exists.

Madan Subramanian
Bangalore, India.

One must first be young and foolish