[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: North American ID Help
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: North American ID Help
- From: Neil Frank <aquarian_subjects at mindspring.com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 20:22:02 -0400
- In-reply-to: <200307110842.h6B8gGjt011288@otter.actwin.com>
>From: DandelionSea at aol_com
>Subject: North American ID Help
>and Vallisneria seems unlikely due to the short blades. .......
Definitely could be Val. This plant can be small when nutrient deficient.
Red color can mean phosphate deficiency. Check the edges of the leaves to
see if they are serrated (zagged), a characteristic of Vallisneria. I have
changed some neat looking short val to normal size by feeding it
phosphates. I have seen Val only 1-2 inches tall.