[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Slate on back glass
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Slate on back glass
- From: "Chris Ferrell" <ferrell_chris at hotmail_com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:41:46 -0400
- Importance: Normal
- In-reply-to: <200307110842.h6B8gGjt011288@otter.actwin.com>
I played around and did the same thing with petrified wood on the back
glass of a 2.5 gallon. Made a great place for small ferns and anubias
to grow into. Fish tended to get stuck in the smallish cracks however
and I eventually quit using the tank. If I would have really liked it,
I would have probably mixed up some gravel or sand w/ the silicon and
used it like a patching putty to fill the holes as well as make an
interesting filler to keep the fish out of those cracks and crevices.
Chris, from the Queen City.
If you want pictures, drop an email. I don't have a good hosting site.
>Subject: Re: Slate on back glass
>I was surprised that I didn't hear of anyone else doing this before,