[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Plant fest location update
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Plant fest location update
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 20:34:18 -0400
- In-reply-to: <200307031125.h63BPbBD016553@otter.actwin.com>
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
I found a weird moss today out in the Ichetucknee.
Stephen M. would be interested, it has lobed flattened microphylls.
We will see if it does well.
I also found many prime examples of moss covered Cypress knees and roots,
many smaller fish, such as schools of the Florida Darter and some species of
shiner, a 2ft turtle, a number of Red foxtail beds and tons of other fish up
to 2ft long.
Found a pair of goggles and a snorkel too almost at the end:-)
I will say folks will need to bring/rent an inner tube unless they want a
good work out. Cost 5$ at the place I like and I got a free watermelon to
Several nice picnic areas at the end and start.
There's a 1.5 mile, a 3 mile and 6 mile head springs tour.