Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V6 #209

In a message dated 6/28/03 7:12:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

> I did the same with the other tanks and pond. (1
> heaped teaspoonful FeSulphate to every 50gallons
> water).

Stephan,

This is some really interesting stuff.

You know, I've finally gotten to the point where I can nail an algae problem
and usually fix it in pretty short order...

...that is as long as it's confined to the highly controllable environment
inside an aquarium.

Larger bodies of water however -- especially those such as ponds where one
cannot easily manipulate such important variables as lighting, substrate, water
source, etc. -- these pose significant problems.

... and that's to say nothing of the cost involved in supplying chemicals at
the quantities needed for an attempted nutrient regime on that scale.

But hey, FeSulphate is cheap and available everywhere -- so let's give it a
shot.

Thanks,

Bob Olesen

multipart/alternative