Re: RFUG

> Is it possible to use a power filter, such as a Fluval 3 Plus, for example,
> to power a reverse undergravel filter, or is the pump insuffucient? But if
> it was not powerful enough, could the power filter be used as a mechanical
> prefilter (with fine filter media as an extra in a Fluval 3 Plus), and then
> a powerhead drive its output through the UGF to allow a small power filter
> to drive a tank of a large capacity than its rating (due to the increased
> biological filtration)?

The biofiltration is good for a back up.
But your focus is with plants not bacteria?
Work towards that instead.
The RFUG's can use very little or a lot of flow, depends on what you want to
try and what it's for.
But the filter should have enough flow. Make sure you have a Tee in the line
for tank circulation and pressure relief.
You generally don't need much flow, in/out of the gravel.
Regards,
Tom Barr