Fish and Plants for biotope

I've always wondered about putting cat-tails in an aquarium.  Every time in
the past that I've tried to yank them up, I would get only leaves and cuts
on my hands.  Awhile ago I brought a garden trowel with me and was sure I'd
come home with some, but no luck.  The roots seemed to be real deep.  This
time I brought a shovel with a square tip.  It was still a lot of work but I
did bring some cat-tails home.  For the results of my efforts to date go to
my web site at
http://users.ev1.net/~spituch/
and then to "Steve's Page", "Aquariums", and then "Steve's 2003 Texas
Coastal Bend FW Biotope".

Plant Question one:
I have been looking for Mexican Oakleaf down here in Corpus Christi.  I
figured it has to around here somewhere.  However, I have never seen an
emersed picture of it.  All the pictures I see of it are in its submerged
state.  I heard that it grows mostly emersed.  So I'm not sure what I am
looking for.  I figure its got to look leafy, and its got to be green.
There aren't too many plants that fit that decription down here.  I had some
time to explore today and ran into something close.  I have a picture of it
at:
http://users.ev1.net/~spituch/y/y.html
If any one would care to tell me if it is Mexican Oakleaf, I would
appreciate it.  If it isn't can someone send me an emersed image of it?
Thanks.

Fish Questions:
OK. I think I sort of hit the jackpot today.  I actually found a ditch in
Corpus that had some water in it.  I could see fish in it.  I went home and
took the pool net with the long handle and pulled like crazy on the net
frame to convert it from a narrow rectangle to a roundish square.  I went
back to the ditch and caught about 3 dozen Sailfin Mollies, one perch-like
fish, and about six darter types that aren't exacty darters, but very
interesting.  The eyes are on the side of the fish, not the top like a
darter.  I'm dying to find out what they are.  Once again, go to:
http://users.ev1.net/~spituch/
and then to "Steve's Page", "Aquariums", and then "Steve's 2003 Texas
Coastal Bend FW Biotope", and you'll see some interesting fish.

Regards,
Steve Pituch
Corpus Christi, TX, USA