Re: Fungus on Driftwood

Sounds like what I did once, I was setting up a tank, I washed the flourite,
boiled the driftwood and placed in the empty tank. Then I got tired and
decided to finish it the next day. By next morning both the driftwood and
gravel had white fungus growing on them from all the humidity and not being
covered in water. I boiled the driftwood again, it helped somewhat and then
filled the tank up. It took a while but it did all go away on it's own
without any ill effects that I'm aware of.

Hope that helps

Giancarlo Podio