Re: Turnover rate of leaves on Tiger Lotus

When I got my Tiger Lotus, the guy at the LFS told me that the lotuses are a
swamp plant, that they are cultivated emersed rather than submerged, and
that because of this, once it is introduced into an aquarium, it first loses
all of its "land leaves" before it adapts to the submerged environment.
This seemed to be the case with my plant: all of the original leaves fell
off, starting at their base, and new, even more glorious leaves, came up.
Now I have to snip off one huge leaf every week because it is growing so
prolifically and I don't want it to shade everything else in my cramped 20
gal. tank!  I hope this info. is helpful.
- Jennifer in Austin