[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: chillers
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:07:29 -0400
- In-reply-to: <200306101056.h5AAu8Gr019632@otter.actwin.com>
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
I think folks looking at chillers might consider if they really ever plan on
buying one......the thermoelectric NO FREON type of chiller, very very
quiet, use less electric, smaller, lots CHEAPER up front cost for the unit.
Even the shipping is cheaper.
Seems like a no brainer if you plan on getting a chiller or having something
to bring the temps down during the summer. The ~150$ model would do well for
most tanks needing some pull down but nothing like a constant 10F-15F drop
etc. Most folks only need to avoid the peak temps during the afternoon heat.
Some models have heat _and_ the chiller with digital readout for both summer
and winter temp issues.