[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Tom Barr 3 Day Blackout in progress-any recommendations?
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Tom Barr 3 Day Blackout in progress-any recommendations?
- From: Dave Millman <dave at tactics_com>
- Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 13:18:26 -0700
- In-reply-to: <200306071131.h57BVmB6009485@otter.actwin.com>
After inadvertently uncovering some Jobes spikes into my tank, algae
exploded. Multiple large water changes eliminated the urea or whatever from
the Jobes spikes, but my first ever Greenwater infection hit while I was on
a trip (why does everything happen while we are away?). So I bit the bullet
and started a Tom Barr 3-day blackout on Saturday afternoon.
* Large water change before blackout
* All 5 sides covered, room darkened. There ain't NO light in that tank.
* Filter & Heaters ON, CO2 OFF.
* No feeding or fert dosing during blackout.
* HOT Magnum running with 2 alternating micron cartridges
I plan to let the blackout continue through Wednesday morning (3.5 days).
After the blackout,here's the plan:
* Large water change planned right after blackout ends
* Immediate restoration of NO3, K, traces (Flourish), Ca, Mg,
* P if necessary
* Temporarily plant a few more stem plants
Any suggestions? Do I have this all right? Thanks!