[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Tangayanikan Biotope
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Tangayanikan Biotope
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 11:49:15 -0400
- In-reply-to: <200306041051.h54ApNi0028369@otter.actwin.com>
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
> Subject: Plants for a lake Tangayanikan Biotope
> Hi Everybody,
> I would like to know what plants I can use in a lake Tanganyikan Biotope
> I have Anubias and Vallisneria what other plants in addition to these can I
> use ?
> Madan Subramanian
> Bangalore, India.
There are no endemic aquatic plants to Lake Tang. Which is weird since it's
so old and in the tropics(No ice sheet).
Anubias are NOT a rift lake plant at all. Vals are found there. A number of
introduced plants also(Hydrillia, perhaps Potamogetons, Hyacinth, Salvinia