[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Keeping clams and mussels
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Keeping clams and mussels
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 15:44:23 -0400
- In-reply-to: <200306030140.h531eTSD027482@otter.actwin.com>
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
I've been doing pretty well with my clams and mussels and they seem to last
longer than the others I've kept in the past but I've been feeding them
sinking algae sticks and setting these down near their siphons and the the
fish fluff up the fine particles and these critters suck it right in.
Better than having a green water tank for them to filter or dirtier water
They will uproot plants a tad. Nothing major. I try and keep them all
together and feed in the one spot upstream a bit.
They seem to do well with this routine.