RE: hard water

>I have a simple question.
>Might there be any problems with using very hard (Kh and Gh about 20 )
tapwater for a planted   >aquarium?
>For the moment I'm using RO water mixed with tapwater to get a hardness of
10 Kh. Because this  >is a lot of work I would like to skip the RO water.
>One of the plants in my thank that I think migth not be so happy with this
hard water is        >hemianthus micranthemoides. Another one is
cryptocoryne pontederifolia.
>Am I rigth about this or not?
>Are there any other bad consequences like a higher pH (above 7 )?
>Every answer will be very appreciated. Thanks

Pieter:

I'm using well water in two planted tanks here. GH is pretty much off the
scale of my test kit, and KH runs around 5 or so.  I've not had problems
that I can -definitely- attribute to the hardness of the water, and I can
grow a pretty wide range of plants. I've never had a problem with any crypts
I've tried.  The only plant that really does not seem to like my water is
cabomba.

-Mak
In New Hampshire, USA, where we actually saw the sun today!
http://www.thirtytwopaws.com/mak/
Updates 5/04/03

Testosterone is a great equalizer. It turns all men into morons.
- Giles, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Pack

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
            -- Vince Lombardi