banana plant losing its tubers

I have had a banana plant growing in my aquarium for about a year now. Recently though, it lost all of its tubers. The plant seems to be doing well, has a well developed root system, and 4 very bright green leaves. Periodically it will send up a long stem to the surface that winds up looking like a lily pad. It doesn't seem like it's dying, but, I was wondering if the little "bananas" will ever grow back? I didn't plant them in the gravel - I had the plant anchored to the gravel via a rock and piece of string. The plant developed roots and anchored itself after a while.

Thanks!

Kirk