Pond Critters

Well, it's spring, and I'm fightitng the annual battle with the critters who
find my pond attractive. I have a racoon,  and a squirrel who dug a Water
Hawthorn out of one of my shallow baskets, all I need is a moose to go along with
him, I suppose.

I bought a couple of devices, they are plastic, look like a big mushroom on a
stake, with a resevoir to put various concoctions in to make life unpleasant
for the fauna. Trouble is, they didn't really tell me what to use.

Does anyone know what a racoon or squirrel might find repelant? Other than
their little heads on a pike? Last year for the first time my water lilly
bloomed, and I sure would like some more flowers without the critters turning the
whole pond into a dog's breakfast.

I use live traps, but they are pretty good at avoiding them.

Thanks.

        Gerry Skau
        All The World's A Stage, But The Play Is Badly Cast---Oscar Wilde

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---