CO2 DIY idea

Sounds like a feasable idea there.
How would you be able so have the alcohol automatically be seperated to
automatically drain?
The heater idea is great to, I had to do the same heater thing in a
bucket in my garage  since it was to cold when I ist tried the diy co2
thingy.

Since alcohol is entirely soluble in water, removing just the alcohol would be too difficult (fractional distillation would probably be easiest, but that is difficult for the close separation (30 C) of boiling temperatures, and impractical for the average aquarist anyway). However, simply performing a partial 'water change' should keep alcohol levels down (flow water in one tap and the mixture out another).

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk